Cardamom the queen of spices is revered in southern India. Cardamom is also increasingly valued in the West. As it was thousands of years ago, cardamom is valued for its unique aroma and is one of the most expensive spices after saffron and vanilla.
Cardamom from South India is the best quality, as cardamom still grows wild in the damp mountain forests there. The spice plant belongs to the ginger family and, unlike ginger or turmeric, has a cooling effect and brings with it its very own aroma.
Cardamom as a natural Ayurvedic remedyAccording to Ayurveda, cardamom is valued as a medicinal plant. Cardamom has the following effects:
- has an appetizing effect
- stimulates digestion
- improves bowel movements
- has a puffing effect
- relieves nausea
- refreshes the breath
- promotes the expulsion of mucus
- is effective for asthma
- has a diuretic effect
- If you feel bloated and gas after eating, you can sip a cup of fresh Ingewert tea with cardamom: Scald 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder and 1 slice of Ingewer with 250ml of hot (10 minutes boiled water).
- Chew cardamom capsules before a meal. Brings back the appetite.
- Cardamom also helps with urinating against the burning sensation with a homemade lassi made from 1 teaspoon cardamom powder with 1 teaspoon coridander seeds on 1 cup of diluted natural yogurt (3 parts water and 1 part yogurt). The best effect always unfolds when the spices are ground in a mortar. Ideally, the mortar should be made of natural stone and large.
- Also helps with bad breath. Better cardamom capsules than chewing gum. Advantage: Cardamom also supports digestive power and is natural, without sugar, sweeteners or chemical substances.
Cardamom properties and effects
Properties (Guna): light, dry Taste (Rasa): hot, sweet Effectiveness (Virya): cooling Metabolism: sweet Dosha: Kapha, Pitta, Vata-balancing (Tridosha) Effect (Karma): Appetite, increases digestive power.
Buy cardamom, delivered from Switzerland.