In Ayurveda for the thyroid, the renowned Ayurvedic doctor brings together all her knowledge from 30 years of practical experience. She shows how inflammation, malnutrition, environmental toxins and stress first affect the thyroid gland and then the entire body, including the liver and gallbladder. In easily understandable language, she conveys to laypeople and doctors alike how Ayurvedic medicine eliminates precisely these causes.
In this book you will find:
- The basics of Ayurveda - everything about the constitution types (Doshas), the pulse diagnosis and the Ayurvedic nutritional principles
- dr Teitelbaum's successful treatment protocols for Hashimoto's thyroiditis, hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) and hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Treatment methods for common symptoms such as insomnia, depression, fatigue, osteoporosis, weight gain and hair loss
- Instructions for the targeted use of herbs and spices, such as ashwagandha or turmeric and for detoxification; Nutritional recommendations for each dosha with simple recipes
- Spectacular patient stories and scientific research underpin Dr. Teitelbaum's visionary view: Healing the thyroid without medication - that is the way of Ayurveda.
„This excellent work combines ancient Ayurvedic wisdom and modern knowledge of hormone balance. A practical guide to naturally balancing thyroid function. I highly recommend this book.“
Vasant Lad, Ayurvedic doctor and bestselling author of The Ayurveda Cookbook